Home Watch is known by many names: house watch, house check, home concierge, caretaker, absentee home service, property watch and many more; regardless of the name, a home watch service performs scheduled inspections of vacant properties while the owner is away.
Home Watch Partnership:
When you partner with Insight restoration we monitor the interior and exterior of your home weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly or a term of your choice. We work with you to develop a custom list of items to be reviewed and tasks to be performed during your absence.
What we Provide:
Should our inspector find an issue or potential problem, we will immediately notify you. From there, the issue can be solved by Insight Restoration with your direction on how you want to proceed. By removing junk mail and changing lighting patterns we are showing a presence in the home. Insight Restoration adds a level of security to a vacant property and provides a line of communication to the property owner. We give you peace of mind during your absence.
We provided custom built service packages. Below is a list of the main services we provide to our home watch program. If a problem occurs we will contact you immediately and promptly coordinate repairs.
Interior Home Watch:
- Entrances / Window: In the event of theft, vandalism and/or forced entry, we will call 911 and contact you immediately.
- Smoke Detectors: We will make sure all smoke detectors are operational. In the event of fire or smoke damage we will call 911 and contact you immediately.
- Interior Water Leaks: We will check your home for possible water damage.
- Refrigerator / Freezer: We will check for food spoilage, mildew accumulation or mechanical failure.
- Furnace / AC: We will check and maintain the thermostat/humidistat to your desired seasonal settings. A mechanical failure of your HVAC system can cause extensive water damage, frozen pipes, mold or other issues.
- Water Heater: We will check to ensure that your water heater is working properly. We will check for water or gas leaks and confirm that the pilot light is lit.
- Electrical Service: In the event of a power failure we will monitor the length of the outage and coordinate with you regarding arranging temporary power to run; HVAC, refrigerator, sump pump etc. We will advise you of any other electrical issues we detect.
- Faucets / Toilets / Plumbing: We will monitor for any overflows, odors, running water, dried gaskets, water damage, exposed pluming, cracks/leaks or any other pluming issues. We will keep “J” traps full to prevent sewer gas from entering home.
- Cleanliness: We will check for stale odors, dust accumulation or any other issues with the home cleanliness.
- Security Lamps / Timers: We will alternate lamps and timer cycles to randomize your homes exterior appearance so the property doesn’t seem to be empty.
- Pest / Rodent Activity: In the event we observe bug, pest or rodent activity we will contact you and coordinate pest removal.
Exterior Home Watch:
- Landscape / Lawn / Snow Removal: If we observe your lawn care or snow removal service is not performing or not showing up we will contact you.
- Ground Level Visual Observation: We will look for storm damage, broken windows, clogged gutters, vandalism, drainage issues or any other issues that show signs of the home being vacant. These checks will ensure that your roof was not ruined from a hailstorm you were never aware of until it is too late to file an insurance claim.
- Uncollected Materials: We will pick-up, remove, store or as per contract take care of all uncollected mail, deliveries, newspapers etc. to ensure your property does not look vacant.
- Pools / Ponds: In the event of filter/pump failure, algae, ph imbalances (green pool) we will contact you and coordinate repairs.
After each inspection we send you an email with a detailed report and photos offering you complete peace of mind. If we discover problems or issues, we will immediately contact you or your designated contact person as per terms of the contract. We will stay onsite to remedy the problems or issues as per your contract.
Ensure your Property is Safe:
At every step of the way Insight Restoration makes sure your property is secure. We provide Home Watch in the following Western Minneapolis communities: Plymouth, Golden Valley, St. Louis Park, Edina, Minnetonka, Wayzata, Deephaven, Mound, Minneapolis, Richfield, Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Shakopee, Hopkins, Chanhassen, Victoria, Shorewood, Excelsior, Greenwood, Woodland, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Long Lake, Medina, Hamel, New Hope, Crystal, Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Minnestrista, and Corcoran. Contact Insight Restoration to set up your property Home Watch service.