Ice dams can cause water to intrude into your home. When an ice dam forms it is typically at the outer edge of the roof. The dam causes water to build up behind it which then migrates up under your shingles and into your home. It will enter your home affecting the inside of wall cavities and attic insulation. In severe occasions the intrusion can cause major leaks and effect large areas with water damage if it is not removed. The professionally trained technicians at Insight Restoration will assess and provide a custom drying plan based on your needs.
Signs of an Ice Dam:
Common signs of an ice dam.
- Ice buildup on the edge of your roof
- Ice buildup on the gutters and ice more than 1 inch thick can cause problems
- Ice behind the gutters on the fascia side
- Ice through the soffit vents or soffit itself
- Ice on the siding of the exterior wall surface
- Ice inside or around the windows or door frames
- Water staining on ceilings adjacent to exterior walls
We will Handle all of your Needs:
Insight Restoration will work with your insurance company to restore your property back to a pre-loss condition. We are available throughout Minneapolis/St. Paul, around the clock 24/7 so no matter the time we can assist you with your water damage needs from an ice dam.