Basement Sump Pump Failure
A frequent cause of basement flooding is the failure of the sump pump system. Failure is often caused by a defective pump, burned out motor, stuck or faulty float switch or a power outage. When the sump pump system doesn’t work correctly the ground underneath and surrounding your home becomes oversaturated. This will cause water to flow into your basement often through many places. This extra water will also fill any in floor HVAC ductwork with hundreds of gallons of water. An Insight Restoration professional trained technician will assess the damages and provide you with a plan of action. We use state of the art drying techniques along with thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing your property to ensure a seamless restoration process.
Sump Pump Tips:
- Check your sump pump to ensure it is working correctly.
- Occasionally clean the basket as dirt and construction debris will flow into it over time.
- Consider a backup battery pack for proper operation during power outages.
- Verify with your insurance company that you have proper coverage for sump pump failure resulting in a flooded basement. A common sump pump policy allows for $5,000 in coverage which many times is not enough for mitigation and repairs. 15-20k in coverage will not cost much more but will typically allow you to restore your basement to a pre-loss condition.
- Make sure you have a properly installed check valve by your pump.
- Have the pump discharge as far away from your house as reasonably possible.
We will Handle all of your Sump Pump Needs:
Contact Insight Restoration for the safe cleanup of your sump pump failure to ensure you, your family or your employees are safe from potential health dangers. We are available throughout Minneapolis/St. Paul, around the clock 24/7 so no matter the time we can assist you with your sump pump needs.